Income - Expenditure spreadsheet

Started Jan 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
PenguinPhotoCo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,053Gear list
Like?
Re: Income - Expenditure spreadsheet
In reply to gblatchford, Jan 29, 2012

i use excel for all my planning, budgeting, record keeping. The spreadsheet started simple and grew from there. I don't to any of the real fancy stuff - macros, reports, graphs and such.

I have several sheets - one for sales.

Columns for money received - cash, cc, check, other (paypal or the like). Since we have sale tax here I have a column for that then a total sale (since the sales tax isn't something I keep). To the right I then have columns for wedding, seniors, family, sports, misc. I have totals at the top of the columns that way they're easy to find and no matter how many sales I have I don't have to change anything.
You do sums as - =sum(A3:A500) where A is the column and the number the cell.

I have a second sheet where I record expenses. Left column adds acorss to the right and - =sum(b1:x1) then the b column is totaled at the top like above, as each column is totalted at the top - colums are seniors, weddings, family, misc, advertising, utilities, gear, etc. So across the top then I have my total expenses as as well those for each category.

This way I can know I had $24,456 in wedding sales and $3,244 in wedding costs. Easy to figure what made money and how much.

I don't but prolly should track advertising by what it's for - like the prom show yesterday would be under seniors and the bridal show today under weddings. But I just lump it all together.
--
Learn the science. Practice the art.

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow