EF-42 or EF-20

Started Jan 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
nikkor35f2
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: EF-42 or EF-20
In reply to Cashmonee, Jan 29, 2012

There is no slow down issue w e flash. I use e diffuser all e time n if on Dr100, I dial in -0.5 stop as e pics can get hot at close range. Mostly I shoot at dr400. E skintone looks better.

Cashmonee wrote:

I received the EF-20, and overall am rather happy with it. Still playing around with it to try to get the best shots from it, but I think it will be enough to keep me from going up to the seemingly much larger EF-42. The EF-20 fits with the camera rather well. Doesn't throw off the feel at all, which I think the EF-42 would. I will say I am disappointed that they didn't include a pouch. It seems like you are paying an awful lot for what feels rather barebones.

As for the startup bug, I haven't had an issue with the camera not firing or the flash not charging and firing. However, since getting the flash, startup in general has become rather flakey. It can take some time for the camera to get going now, quick startup or not. The X10 always was slow to start, but now it is painfully slow. Not sure what has caused that. It is slower even with no flash attached and external flash turned off. Not sure if anyone has experience with that.

Any tips in general for using the flash? Any settings to change for optimal shots or performance?

-- hide signature --

surge

nikkor35f2's gear list:nikkor35f2's gear list
Fujifilm X10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow