ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,817Gear list
Like?
SD card Issue (M9)
Jan 29, 2012

Hi guys,

I know that there has been a lot of talk about the M9 and SD card incompatibility... Well yesterday afternoon I took some shots as a favour to some family and when I came home to edit them the card was unreadable - so much so that when I put it back into the M9 it just locked it up!

I managed to recover the images with some software I have and a mac (which lets software read unmounted drives) but the bottom third was shifted by a third on EVERY image!

Has anyone else experienced this? This was with the latest 8gb Sandisk SDHC card and the latest M9 firmware. If you have how likely is it to happen again and how have you dealt with it since?

Looking at the quality of the actual images I am ecstatic again and fortunately the wide crops suit the images but I have some other work coming up soon where this would be a VERY expensive mistake...

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow