Like?
Re: Just a few at the lake
In reply to svenvie, Jan 29, 2012

Ok, took a few quick pics with the

• SAL35F18

• SAL50F18

• SAL85F28

• SAL75300 (at 75, 180, 300)

No OSS on the tele, but it is kind of allright, others don't need OSS. Went a bit high on the ISO, but shots were made handheld.

Lenses are very light (plastic), but bulkier than than the E mount lenses.

Focusing is fast, but not always accurate - have to get used to this too. And you are pretty much relying on AF, no easy dial in (no DMF) and MF is troublesome on these lenses.

Like others have said, seeing only wide open aperture in the viewfinder, with no DOF preview, unlike the E-mount and MF lenses, feels like taking a step back. Wonder if a future firmware release can change this.

I like the three primes, 35/1.8, 50/1.8, 85/2.8. Can't wait until the E versions arrive.

Didn't try shooting any action, but think that 50mm/1.8 and the 85mm/2.8 will work indoors (sports hall). [Been using a MF 100/2.8 prior. I found the MF 135/2.8 is too narrow.]

svenvie wrote:

Nice portrait result Henry. How is the 35f1.8 combo with the adapter? I think I wanna buy this lens too. Post some pics with those combo if you can. Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow