potential DP series owner question and concerned.

Started Jan 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
truthsforme
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
potential DP series owner question and concerned.
Jan 29, 2012

Hello all, please bare with me as my english isn't so well as I'm still learning the language.

I've been having a hard time deciding whether to get the NEX-5n or the Sigma dp2x. I've been leaning more towards the dp2x simply because I read about the astounding image quality, for the price range (below $800 US). But what's been pushing me away is the amount of complaints I hear about it being difficult or too "quirky" to use, which is why I've been considering the NEX-5n. So all I really want to know is what specifically makes the dp2x a "problem" for users and if typically the ultimate deciding factor in photography should be the images produced by the cameras, then what is it about this camera that's really making people look the other way.

I plan on using it it for mostly landscapes and cityscapes, and maybe even street.

Sigma DP2x Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow