Sorry to bore you, but I got an A77 today

Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Todd Taylor
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: Sorry to bore you, but I got an A77 today
In reply to Infiniti Vert, Jan 29, 2012

I got my A77 two days ago and I agree with your conclusions. After reading and watching tons of reviews, I was of the impression that this camera had all sorts of faults and flaws and I was really taking a gamble by buying it. Either the reviewers are all very picky pros or they just need to find reasons to make the A77 seem inferior. I find that the camera is incredible.

I agree about the battery draining relatively quickly (hence my other post about finding affordable replacement batteries). But then again, I knew when I bought it that it would consume some power because of the EVF.

What was perhaps the biggest surprise to me was the camera's size and weight. I came from an Olympus E-620 which is very small and light. The Sony is so large and heavy that my old camera bag, which used to carry my Olympus body and 3 lenses is barely large enough to just fit the A77 and the kit lens! I might have to start carrying a 5 pound weight in my left arm so my right arm doesn't start looking stronger from carrying the A77 around all day

This camera has so many features, it'd be nice if someone created a video series on how to use them. I went through the manual last night and it doesn't go too in depth on a lot of what this camera can do. I find the "smile detection" feature to be somewhat funny, but perhaps useful... can't wait to try it out!
--
Sincerely,
Todd M. Taylor

Todd Taylor's gear list:Todd Taylor's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow