Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deadline
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Canon EF-S 17-85 vs EF-S 18-135
Jan 28, 2012

I am a beginner and I have been reading the reviews and articles about these 2 lenses of Canon. After a long consideration I am getting a 60D soon and I am in between these 2 lenses.

As I said I am a beginner and I don't know what I need exactly. I know I would like to have really good sharpness, less distortion and other optical flaws possible on my pictures. Here are my questions if I may:

• How much do you think 17-85 and 18-135 are better in terms of sharpness and less optical flaws than 18-55 kit lens? Is it like much better, just better or slightly better?

• What about 17-85 vs 18-135? Without considering their different angle ranges, which one would you go with in terms of sharpness and optical flaws?

I am sorry if these has been discussed many times. I have searched the forums but didn't really come across to good answer to my questions. Please try to share your own thoughts instead of links to reviews, if possible.

One more thing; Even though I will start shooting anything to start learning photography, I would like to take good quality architectural pictures as well with my new camera. It is not a must must but it would be a really nice to have feature for me.

Thanks a lot in advance everyone!

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow