Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blue_cheese
Senior MemberPosts: 1,407
Like?
How sensitive is the aperture tab on the 18-55
Jan 28, 2012

I have a 52mm reverse mount adapter that I would like to use on my 18-55 kit lens, problem is that being an AF-S lens the moment you take it off the camera it closes down to smallest aperture making it useless for reverse mount. Not sure why it does that as I recently tried a T3i and its EF-S 18-55 Kit lens and that one opens up wide when you take it off. the magnification you get at 18mm reversed is pretty cool and the working distance is manageable.

Now going back to Nikon, If I move the aperture tab with my finger I can open up the aperture back up to wide open which makes it usable, however I am wondering what will I break if I do that repeatedly?

Am I likely to break the aperture springs/blades/tab or some adjustment or its is a safe thing to do. It doesn't take some large amount of force, but you can clearly feel that you are working against a spring mechanism.

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow