ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peter42y
Senior MemberPosts: 2,146Gear list
Like?
Sony A580 sucessor -will it arrive ?
Jan 28, 2012

I have a Sony A500.

I am happy with the camera despite the fact that Canon EOS 550 does take pictures with more detail , resolution I guess.
A while ago I shot some indoor pictures with both cameras.

The white balance..,colors.., were very alike . The main difference was the picture detail .
I am not completely sold to the SLT technology.
When it does come to the nex cameras..,I do not like the lenses.
My question : There will be a A580 successor ?
Will Sony drop the DSLR lineup ?

The main advantage of the sony DSLR cameras compared with its competitors is the live view system. Since I hate viewfinders this was the reason I bought the A500 in the first place.

I am hesitating when it does come to buying more Sony lenses because I wonder if Sony will continue to develop , invest, in their DSLR lineup.

I believe that in future DSLR models Nikon will introduce its new autofocus system that switches between phase detection and contrast detection so Sony DSLRS , SLTs might loose their main competitive advantage, the very fast autofocus in live view.

I did talk about a couple of topics . Most of them were not about DSLR sony cameras , but the main one was.
The main points I did talk about :

1- Will Sony DSLR lineup will be killed ?

2- Diferences between the Sony A500 , Canon EOS 550 .

3- The Sony SLTs . Not good enough ?

4 - The Sony NEX lenses. Sharp enough ?

5- The new Nikon 1 autofocus system.

6- Will Nikon DSLRs will adopt the new hybrid autofocus system that they did show for the first time in the Nikon 1 system ?

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Ricoh Caplio R8 Canon ELPH 500 HS Nikon 1 V1 Canon EOS M
Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow