Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
G. Gray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,535
Like?
museum wrap on canvas
Jan 28, 2012

Today I saw a print, museum wrap on canvas. Size….30 inches x 40 inches. The subject was about 10 kids in a fund raising group. All smiling and holding little signs. Their teacher was so impressed she contracted a print from a friend of mine. She took the photo with a cell phone !!!!!! A cell phone , not a great p and s or a dslr with high pixels and 1000 dollar lens on a 400 dollar tripod and studio lighting. Now in all fairness , you couldn’t see every pore in the faces, but you could easily recognise each child. The colors were outstanding and the background not as blurred as some would like , but , so what !!

The photo gave a message and that’s all people will see. They won’t ask about camera pixels or how much the lens cost or f stop and shutter speed. They will just enjoy the photo.

I know this is “a gear forum” and the snobs like to brag about their expensive lens or high cost camera but we should not forget that the goal is to end up with a photo that is pleasing and sends a message.
PS: I swim upstream too…..
Gerry

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow