Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zoltan Csuka
Contributing MemberPosts: 535Gear list
Like?
V1+autoISO+SBN5 flash=does not work
Jan 28, 2012

Finally I did get my flash from Ritz Camera for my V1. It is the first Nikon I have owned for a long time so I am not sure how auto ISO in flash mode is programmed on other Nikon SLR lately.

I normally have my V1 on auto ISO3200 out of convenience. When you attach the external flash (SBN5) the auto ISO gets fixed to the highest value regardless of subject, lighting, exposure or any other settings (Scene mode, P,A,S,M, Fill flash, slow sync etc.). What is even more awkward is that when I set the flash to manual and set ISO to any of the auto options, V1 would burn the exposure rather than adjusting ISO down - this camera behavior simply can't be normal or intended. And this happens even in the fully automatic scene mode so essentially there is no auto ISO flash algorithms programmed into the Nikon 1 system!?

The only work around is that when you attach the flash unit you take the camera out of the auto settings and set ISO to manual 100-400 or so.

Is my V1 malfunctioning or is it just another item added to the auto ISO malfunctions/bugs of the NIkon 1 system?

-- hide signature --

Best wishes,
Zoli

Zoltan Csuka's gear list:Zoltan Csuka's gear list
Sony RX100
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow