D300 owner wants a high quality more portable travel camera, any suggestions?

Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ARB1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,019Gear list
Like?
D300 owner wants a high quality more portable travel camera, any suggestions?
Jan 28, 2012

I have a D300 (my first love) and a LX3 (my little baby) but it's time for a new camera that will fit in between the two in size. I'll be heading to Peru soon and don't want to lug my D300 around the way I did while in Greece and Turkey a few years ago, so I want a nice high quality smaller camera that is well suited for travel without compromising too much in quality and flexibility when compared to my D300.

I’ve been looking at the Fujifilm Pro1 (need to see the final reviews first) , the X100 (nice camera but the AF makes me wonder), also the Sony NEX7 and Panasonic GX1, but I was just wondering what most Nikon folks have in their bags, or would like to have in their bags, for travel when they don’t want to carry their large SLRs.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

-- hide signature --
 ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow