Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
New GH2 vs 5n Sample
Jan 28, 2012

I am not digging this, dont know what I was expecting from the 5n, but it was certainly more, lots more. In raw the gh2 is ahead imo, detail, dr are the same, colour the same. In fact these samples are so similar in raw once wb and auot exp its just incredible. No nr on either, default sharpen. Colour is identical with gh2 slightly ahead on grey. DOF is the same for both cameras, this whole aps-c dof thing is hype-hype.

I know the gh2 was a little closer, my model was being disobedient lol, but really gh2 is a stormtrooper, fast more accurate focus but the 5n is small light and the peaking is cool, but it cant match gh2 for detail maybe with the £1k 24mm zeiss.

I continue to like the flexibility of the 5n but the gh2 is a better camera in all respects and the aps-c phenomena is way overblown. Both set at 3:2 ratio btw.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow