Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
silent tim
Contributing MemberPosts: 672Gear list
Like?
Some shots from a noob.
Jan 28, 2012

Hi, thought I'd share a few humble photo's I've taken.

I got my first camera in Sept 2010, which was an Panasonic LX5 - prior to this I'd just used my mobile phone, and even though it had raw output and manual shutter/iso controls it wasn't going to be acceptable for a 3 week trip to Peru in several months time.

I spent those months getting to grips with it, and learned just enough to make a decent job during the four day Machu Picchu trek, and I've been using it almost every day since

Fast forward to June 2011, the night before my friends wedding he hands me his D7000 and two nikkor lenses (10-24mm and 50mm) and asks if I could be secondary photographer alongside a pro...luckily it wasn't a huge transition from the p&s and I promptly fell in love with the 50mm 1.4D, and they ended up using 50% of my shots which was surprising since I had been making use of the free bar and trying to manually focus the 50mm in low light!

He was generous enough to lend me the camera for a few more weeks during a fishing trip to Scotland with my dad while he was visiting (no whoppers, but it was pretty fun experience).

I enjoyed my time with the dslr, but it was just too bulky to carry around everyday (a lot of my shots are during the daily walks with the dog) - more fastforwarding to last month my sister came to visit with her one year old, so I decide to bite the bullet a few weeks before she arrived and go all out and got my own D7000 (at a very nice price, £950 including kit lens) along with a SB700 and the 35mm 1.8G prime.

Here are a few pictures from the D7000, processed in LR - I'm still very much a beginner, and have a lot to learn (my composition is pretty poor!) but I find it enjoyable

I wandered off from the after wedding reception and found this behind the barn (oops @ blowing the clouds)

Went for a walk the day after the wedding, came across this old church

My dad learning how to flyfish before going to the river

Trying to capture a moon halo from the garden

My niece, just home after picking them up at the airport

Orion from my window (two orange street lamps directly in front)

Niece during a trip to see grandad

Mushrooms

Frosty cold walkies with the dog

The dog

I got the cheap 55-200 yesterday for some extra range, it cost less than my 35mm brand new so a good bargain

For those of you who made it this far, here's a little bonus - trying out video mode on my shrimp with the 35mm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=574PHx_AfsU

silent tim's gear list:silent tim's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +4 more
Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow