Some really great EOS photography

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
FeedMe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,474
Like?
Re: Some really great EOS photography
In reply to mforbes, Jan 28, 2012

I'm not bashing the guy - I stated that I didn't like his images

I'm allowed an opinion (oops, forgot, this is DPReview, where you aren't unless it agrees with the OP) - he came in, guns blazing, calling me out on not understanding the images (meaning that I only don't like them because of a lack of understanding), and making all sort of moronic claims as to why they are instantly "great" and there is zero basis for any dissension from that "greatness".

To put it simply - I don't like these images although some of the original 'celeb' images are OK. It's NOT because I don't understand them, it's because I don't like them - the 'celeb' images are only 'wow-able' because of the subjects 'celeb' status, the flag image is just bad, a bin image not a keeper, to me.

Also, just because something or someone is 'recognised' doesn't make everything they go liquid gold
He might have some other images I adore - but it's not that one.

The original gallery has some rather good images (the Downey-down-the-street is particularly good) and there are some that are Ok, some that are 'meh'.

The person who insists that a recognised 'artist' has to have everything they produce 'wow-ed' over - they are the delusional one.

I don't have to justify my dislike any more than he has to justify liking them, and I never insisted he justify himself the way he tried to with me.

He also has no call to come attacking me because of my dislike - I made no reference to him and his liking (For e.g. I did not imply he was of low intelligence because he liked them).
My dislike of the images was in no way relevant or directed at him in any way.

He came in to point us to these images; some here liked them, some here didn't, simple as that - he got all hissy and put out of joint because we all didn't start raving over how great they were.

Would have been so difficult to either not respond to this forum if you did not like the photography, or if you felt you had to, just say something like "thanks for posting the pics, but personally I do not like them."?

So the basic unwritten rule here is if we don't like an image, we have to keep quiet or respond within your proscribed wording guidelines?

So the only posts there are will be the ones saying the images are great and wonderful.
And that's your idea of a balanced forum?..

mforbes wrote:

Would have been so difficult to either not respond to this forum if you did not like the photography, or if you felt you had to, just say something like "thanks for posting the pics, but personally I do not like them."? But no, you have to bash the photographer, is there some sort of complex going on? I am sure all of us have seen some really poor photography posted on this site, but what kind of person takes the time to demean and criticize someone that they don't even know, is it inferiority, jealousy, has to be some big time character flaw. What do you do in your spare time, stand at the bus stop and tell strangers that walk by that you don't like their shoes? Do you drive up and down the street and shout at people gardening in their yards that their landscape sucks? Feedme, you should just not have responded, in the future just let it go, life is too short to get wadded up in this kind of stuff. Nobody ever wins on these type of discussions, this could go on until the end of time, I'm right, you're right, maybe we are both wrong, I'm going to get drunk and listen to Rumors.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow