Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hans von der Crone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,364Gear list
Like?
Panasonic GX1 vs Sony NEX-5N ?
Jan 28, 2012

For starters, I'm not trying to stir up a discussion here. I currently own a DSC-HX9V which is great but for my use, the small sensor is just a tad insufficient. I usually take pics with my Canon 7D + lensen (17-55/f2.8 and 70-200/f2.8). But as this is a quite bulky setup, I'm looking for something to take with me on trips (going to China and LA in a couple weeks) while not sacrificing picture quality compared to my 7D AND retain the incredibly good video capability of the HX9V which I love in this respect.

I'm not considering either the Sony NEX-5N and the Pana GX1, but since these are so close, I just though I'd ask here. Keeping in mind that I want a camera that's great with pics and as good as the HX9V with video, which one should I pick?

I know the NEX-5N has a larger sensor and a bit better high ISO performance, but the Panasonic is quite a bit faster with AF (so it seems) and uses the Four-Thirds system which gives me a LOT more options when it comes to lenses.

Thx for your input!

Hans von der Crone's gear list:Hans von der Crone's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow