Why I haven't bought an X100 (convince me)

Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drmrdr
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Why I haven't bought an X100 (convince me)
Jan 28, 2012

Went to see an X100 in Calumet down the road from me. It's obviously beautiful to look at, and the viewfinder is miles ahead of the competition. When you pick the X100 up, it makes you want to take pictures, just like my beloved OM series cameras did in the 80s and early 90s. The output from the X100 is also obviously excellent as can be seen on the flickr feeds and on this forum.

BUT! The user interface was dreadful I thought. Completely unintuitive and I never quite worked out what the camera was doing (in contrast with my good-old Canon G10 which "just works"). And that slow write speed! Not so fussed about the manual focus. Was this just firmware? To what extent was it caused by inadequate processing oomph in the hardware?

As a result of all this, it looks like I'm going for a new Canon G1X which doesn't really excite me as much, but seems less likely to really infuriate me!

It seems to me that Fuji has done the hard bit with this camera, producing a product which is beautiful, has a unique viewfinder and produces fantastic images. For the sake of really sorting out the firmware, why are they throwing away new sales/ annoying their existing users?

Come on Fuji, sort it out and make this a product I can buy!!

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow