EF-42 or EF-20

Started Jan 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
nikkor35f2
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: EF-42 or EF-20
In reply to nicador, Jan 28, 2012

Hi nick,

I have tried ur method of switching off flash to fire 1 shot first n it does solve e problem. The irony is e quick start mode ended up slowing down e operation. w flash mounted. For now, i am keeping e quick start off.
Thanks! Ayt least I know my is not a lemon

nicador wrote:

Alright Nikkor35f2 (!) you made me have a closer look and here's what I've found out

I some circumstances indeed when you turn ON the camera (quick start), the icon won't stop blinking and actually you cannot even shoot a pic.

When this happens, turn off the flash, shoot a pic without flash, then turn on the flash again and it should be fine.

Please let me know if that solves your problem.

(edit: I've noticed that actually i can turn on the flash before of after the camera and it's fine in both cases.)

nikkor35f2 wrote:

nicador wrote:

nikkor35f2 wrote:

one other thing:

there seems to be a software bug with the in-camera quick start mode. when the quick start mode is on, both my ef-20 and ef-42 will jam up(the flash icon will keep flashing and cannot take any pics) when you power off and power on camera and flash. this can be rectified by switcing off the 'quc start mode' inte camera.

Hm I have both the EF-20 and the X10 set in quick start, and I have no issue at startup. I turn on first the camera, then the flash, and the icon stops blinking when the flash is charged. When I turn off the camera it also turns off the flash.

Do you have the flash on when you swith on the camera?
Nick

yes. if the quick start is left on, i on the camera follow by the flash. the icon flashes non stop even when the orange ready light is up.

funny thing is i have try w 3 cameras locally and had same problem but feedback i got from dpreview is otherwise. anyway, fuji service center admits that they dunno what causes the problem and has arranged for a new set for exchange.

will test the new exchange cam if same problem exist when it arrives. meanwhile, will keep x10 even if this 'problem' cant be solved. too good a camera to miss

-- hide signature --

surge

-- hide signature --

surge

nikkor35f2's gear list:nikkor35f2's gear list
Fujifilm X10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow