E-620 + 50mm - racking after focus and before shutter release

Started Jun 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
olyham
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: E-620 + 50mm - racking after focus and before shutter release
In reply to jedd rashbrooke, Jan 28, 2012

Hi I have the E620 and the ZU 50 and get the rackung problem in live view my workaround for this is in the way you hold the shutter release. Hold it down to do it's long winded focus once you get the beep push down and then take your finger off the the button completely and hold the camera steady eventually it will take the picture but not rack, the longer you hold the shutter button down fully the more likely it is to start racking and eventually take a photo that is out of focus. There is plenty of noises going on once it starts taking a photo. There is a significant lag with no noise on the initial full depression I think that initial period when nothing seems to happen makes us keep the button fully depressed which sometimes forces the camera to have another go at focusing which obviously does not work in that mode...it is the same for S-AF and C-AF. this solution is unintuative but works for me every time. Apart from some quiks like this it is a pretty good camera and lense but is certainly not P&S combo.
Regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow