Started Jan 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johnparas11zenfoliodotcom
Senior MemberPosts: 2,207Gear list
Like?
From Oly E-PL2 to Pana GF2? OMG!
Jan 28, 2012

so I have had the Olympus E-PL2 for less than a year now.. and the only complaint i have had since the beginning was the lack of a focus assist lamp in ver dim situations.. (using the kit lens) ...

my "trauma" was when I attended a wedding, and the reception was really dim (only candles ) and dim lighting.. I tried to focus on the candle and re frame on the people i am taking but 70% of the time the camera would not even LOCK focus...
(had long threads about this lack of focus assist lamp with the E-pL2...)

anyway.. I was window shopping at BEST BUY this afternoon and they had a demo Panasonic GF2,,, and the sales guy said they still had ONE LAST NEW GF-2 and can sell it to me for the same price as the open box one = $350 ..so I bit..

now I am sitting here.. this is a good deal right?

my dim lighting phobia will be solved by this focus assist lamp...and it has better video and stereo than my E-PL2 right?

and I tend to take videos also with family parties..

so do i use this Camera and then sell my barely used E-Pl2?

any input is appreciated.. thanks..

P.S. of course I have read the reviews here-- E-PL2 got a silver award for 71 % grade, and GF2 got no award and 70%

..and read the threads about pe-pl2 vs gf2..

johnparas11zenfoliodotcom's gear list:johnparas11zenfoliodotcom's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D90 Nikon D300S Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-P3 +6 more
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow