Like?
K5 AE-L Not Working Update
Jan 27, 2012

I have updated the firmware to v1.12 with the following settings:
AE-L not locked to Focus
AE-L not locked to focus point
Auto EV comp off
Exposure locked for 30 secs

The first peculiarity, was that on a test indoors, aperture & shutter sped was locked but the ISO changed on a test panoramic sequence which I've not been able to duplicate.

I've since shot over 50 panoramic sequences without problems using the above settings.

I reset AE-L to lock with focus & AE-L to lock to focus point with segment metering & the panoramic sequence failed on the 1st panorama. I re-set to default setting as above without a problem, then reset AE-L to lock with focus with no problem & then set E-L to lock to focus point with segment metering, again with no problem on that singular sequence.

So, it would appear that in order to achieve AE-L, AE-L should be set not to be locked to Focus & not locked to focus point.

I'm unhappy that the function of AE-L is erratic & inconsistent with how it functioned on previous models, not too mention at odds with the user manual definition.

Nikon 1 V1 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow