Started Jan 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pasmia
Contributing MemberPosts: 527Gear list
Like?
Longer FL primes... or lack thereof
Jan 27, 2012

A buddy of mine has a travel photo booth business thingy... err, not sure how to explain. Anyways, I looked at his lens collection and he has a handful of primes. He mentioned that his 135/f2 is one of his fav for doing weddings and general portrait type shots in similar settings. I thought 135 seemed a bit long for portraiture, but apparently, this allows him to get nice portrait type shots in minimal lighting without being too close or using a flash. His sample pictures were simply amazing. It got me thinking, why are there no primes beyond 90mm (equivalent) for MFT?

I think it's great that we're having 3rd party support coming in and all, but according to news/rumors the first lenses coming out is a 19mm and a 30mm. WTF? We already have a 17, 20, 2-25s, and 2-45s to choose from. If these lenses are more than $250 or so, what's the point?

Anyways, longer FL primes does seem very situational (but so are UWAs and Fisheyes!)... is this something you guys are interested in as well? Or do I just a have case of gear lust ATM?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow