K5 + 31/1.8 Limited on order

Started Jan 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
VaLeX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,053Gear list
Like?
Re: K5 + 31/1.8 Limited on order
In reply to CANIKONTAXIAN, Jan 27, 2012

CANIKONTAXIAN wrote:

Both the Canon and Nikon 35mm 1.4 are weathersealed, the Pentax 31mm LTD is not.

True

Both the Canon and Nikon 35mm have AF Ring Motors, the Pentax 31mm LTD does not.

True

Both the Canon and Nikon 35mm are made in Japan, nothing Pentax makes comes from Japan.

What's the relevance? If the Pentax was made in Japan rather than Vietnam, would it have been smaller?
Mind you, the main point of the OP was about size.

Both the Canon and Nikon offer upgrade path to Dslr full frame, Pentax does not.

Not untill now, but who knows. Anyway, the lens is full frame.

I think the better 31mm 1.8 LTD comparision is Canon and Nikon 50mm 1.8. Each are $700-$800 less, neither are weathersealed and neither offer af ring motor, just like your 31mm LTD.

Yeas, but completely different focal lengths. Compare these lenses with 43 F1.9.

Poweruser wrote:

Whats up with that "sinking ship" talk? I see Pentax cameras in every larger store and the K-5 still is a state-of-the-art APSC-camera. Certainly cooler than the C and N offerings in this price range (Sony anyway).

Just wanted to answer the whining of some with this thread. I am waiting for my new K5 + 31/1.8 Limited to arrive tomorrow. Yes this is an expensive lens but certainly built to high standards and about Leica-size.

Now compare that with the C / N 35/1.4 whoppers. Ridiculous...

-- hide signature --

aka Pedro Valente

-- hide signature --

Comments, criticism, suggestions: it goes without saying!
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/huzururmuz/

VaLeX's gear list:VaLeX's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow