what is a fair price for x10?

Started Jan 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
GaryJP
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,066Gear list
Like?
Re: what is a fair price for x10?
In reply to AdamJRed, Jan 27, 2012

AdamJRed wrote:

If the external controls make it easier to control the exposure you want and capture a moment you want, as opposed to menu-diving - is that not a worthwhile consideration?

Well, menu-diving is hardly not an issue with the X10

If IQ is your only consideration, then you don't mind toting around an 8lbs heavy MF system when you're with your whole family, right? Of course not.

It's a trade-off. But I certainly have no objection to a non-pocketable walk-around if the IQ is better than a pocketable one. It depends how seriously you take the final image. I'm certainly not going to pretend my G12 matches my 60D.

Again, if you make your decision(s) based ONLY on IQ, then you are probably making sacrifices elsewhere that will have an impact on the photos you did not (or could not) capture.

Horses for courses. But without good IQ NOTHING else matters. Otherwise my iPhone will do.

In five years EVERYTHING ELSE will be forgotten. And all that will remain is whether the photo looks like excrement or not.
--

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.” Ernst Haas

http://garyp.zenfolio.com/p518883873/

GaryJP's gear list:GaryJP's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 II G1 X II Canon EOS-1D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow