Started Jan 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
detectorman
Regular MemberPosts: 121
Like?
HP LP3065 monitor calibration on a Mac
Jan 27, 2012

First, thanks to all the experts who post on this forum, I've learned a lot. Trying to understand how I would calibrate this HP LP 3065 monitor. There are no controls on the monitor itself. I am using Mac OS 10.6, Snow Leopard. If I go to the system prefs, monitors, select this monitor, and then choose "color", I get the following: something called "color sync utility" opens and displays

Do I edit these files based on a calibration reading with a Spyder or Colormunki?

A few facts about the monitor itself, from
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2007/review-hp-lp3065-part6.html

The HP LP3065 has an S-IPS panel by LG.Philips with 8 Bit pro RGB colour that can display 16.77 million colours. Hewlett-Packard has advertised a contrast of 1000:1 for the LCD. Thus, the monitor has a wide contrast range, which is made particularly clear by the visibly good black values.

The maximum brightness of the LP3065 is 300 Candela pre square meter according to HP. We measured the monitor’s brightness using Colorimeter. The minimum brightness we measured was 81 cd/m² and the maximum was 306 cd/m². In other words, the manufacturer’s details were adhered to and even exceeded.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow