D5100 LCD Screen Hinge

Started Jan 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
dave1812
Senior MemberPosts: 1,899Gear list
Like?
Re: D5100 LCD Screen Hinge
In reply to XenonPulse, Jan 25, 2012

You are worrying needlessly. Find something else more important to worry about like your health. The hinge will be trouble-free for years. You'll be in the market for another camera before the hinge goes bad unless you damage it by accident.

XenonPulse wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to tighten the articulating LCD screen hinge on the D5100? Not that it is currently loose, but I'm afraid that eventually, with usage, it will loosen itself up. I've searched up for teardown pictures of the D5100 but was unable to find a close up picture of the hinge assembly. I'd imagine it'd be as easy as tightening a screw. Or does it actually have to be sent to Nikon?

Bare with me as I'm still babying this thing 3 months after buying it, it's my first DSLR and a big leap from an almost 5 year old point and shoot. I may just be overly paranoid about it, but being the first time I've spent this much money on a camera I'd like to keep it as pristine as possible.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Dee fifty one hundred

Honest debates welcome.

dave1812's gear list:dave1812's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow