Help me out here please.. can't understand...

Started Jan 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hayles91
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Help me out here please.. can't understand...
Jan 25, 2012

OK, I've just taken 2 photos of my son from the same position - 1 in Auto, 1 in Aperture Priority.

Both are with flash (no red eye/rear lighting etc - just straightforward flash on both), both f5.6, both ISO 800, both Portrait picture control, both 105mm, both 1/60 speed, both auto w/b, both same metering mode..... yet the 'auto' one has come out really well and the AP one much much darker and orangey tinged with lots of shadow... just a terrible photo versus one that would pass as not bad.

Why?!

The only difference in the info display seems to be on the auto one, the flash compensation indicator is lit (but says 0.0), whereas in my AP one, the flash compensation indicator is 'greyed out'.... Can't think that could be the difference if it was 0.0 anyway, but no idea why that would be lit on one and greyed out on the other?

Any words of wisdom folks?! trying to learn here but baffled by this one!
thanks!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow