Started Jan 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hulamike
Senior MemberPosts: 2,810
Like?
BlueSLR and the D7000
Jan 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone has found a work around for the BlueSLR and D7000?

For those not familiar, BlueSLR is a dongle that when attached to your camera's data port allows for camera control from an iPad or iPhone. It's available for most new Nikon bodies but not the D7000 due to a Nikon design glitch. Seems Nikon in their infinite willingness to screw things up unnecessary inverted the data port on the D7000 180* thereby causing the BlueSLR to fly out in space off the body instead of fitting nice and snug to it as with other Nikon bodies. (Nikon engineers never seem to fathom, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it").

Anyway, I had a nice email discussion with BSLR today and they confirm they have no immediate plans to redesign their gadget for one Nikon body. Understandable but I asked, "why not just release it as is with caveats so people like me can use it in studio?" I mean, on a tripod who cares if their dongle flies out away from the body?

This all begs the question: is there an adapter for the data port that would turn its orientation 180 degrees?

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow