Canon 580EX II speedlite: correct exposure

Started Jan 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Scott Larson
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,303Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks Re: Ok, here we go... (II)
In reply to plevyadophy, Jan 25, 2012

Canon gives photographers lots of flexibility at the expense of complexity. The AF system in recent 1D models is very flexible but also complicated. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll get a bunch of out of focus shots.

Same thing with their flash system. You have to understand how it works. Whenever I have to shoot with a Canon flash, I spend an evening before the shoot relearning how it works. Like their AF system, I find a combination that works for the way I shoot and I only make a couple of slight variations on that depending on the circumstances.

If Canon's flash system so complicated that you can't figure out how to get it to work then by all means stick with your simpler Metz flash. Don't waste your time telling us that Canon's system is all wrong. You've seen here that it works.

Scott Larson's gear list:Scott Larson's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow