Don't like latest Smugmug change and thinking of Zenfolio

Started Jan 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andy Williams
Forum ProPosts: 24,445Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't like latest Smugmug change and thinking of Zenfolio
In reply to gary stepic, Jan 24, 2012

gary stepic wrote:

Two reasons are making me think of changing. The first reason is their new pricing system for the Pro account. It seems like the only way to set prices is using a percentage markup and I really do not like this over the old way of doing things. From looking at their tutorial it seems like I should be able to just set my retail price but after an inquiry with smugmug and a lot of time playing with gallery it seems like a percent markup is only way I can set prices. So that is a huge negative for me as I may want different margins in the same gallery for different size prints.

Hi Gary, you can set your prices by profit % and then adjust individual items, or groups of items. And you can use our rounding tool to round the prices as well, if you like. This method of pricing will allow us to do many things, not the least of which are being able to take advantage of price specials from labs, adding foreign currency, adding new labs easily and new products from our labs as well.

• Andy

Andy Williams's gear list:Andy Williams's gear list
Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow