Started Jan 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Teak
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Are Stacked Sensors future of Nikon 1?
Jan 24, 2012

Are the recent introduction of stacked sensors by Sony, http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/01/23/Sony_Backsideilluminated_CMOS ,
a good indication of where Nikon 1 sensor technology might go?

One of the main criticism of the Nikon 1 line is its small sensors. However, the Sony example shows that sensor size could be meaningless going forward assuming the stacked sensor technology lives up to its promise.

I have had my V1 for almost a month and in the time I have invested in 10-100 a week back and SB-N5 last night. The kit lens is 10 mm pancake.

So far I am still learning the setup. The 10mm is great even in low light although adding SB-N5 really helps. I have also switched to using full manual and go auto ISO 400 outside, Auto ISO 800 inside (daytime assuming ambient light) and Auto ISO 3200 night time.

Low light performance on 10-100 is not as good as the 10mm pancake but that is to be expected. At least with the stacked sensor designs, one can hope for better low light performance from the sensor in the years ahead.

Teak's gear list:Teak's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +9 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow