Started Jan 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mattb2003
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Got my replacement D7000!
Jan 24, 2012

I received my first D7000 right before Christmas and sent it back for exchange because of a back focus issue. I received my second camera and appear to be having the same issue. I can't believe that I would have the same exact problem with another camera, so wanted to get some thoughts regarding this to see what I might be doing wrong (or if it's simply the lens - using a Nikon 18-70 DX that I received with my D50 quite a few years ago). I took 4 shots (I set ISO 1600 to avoid using flash and increase the shutter speed to avoid any camera shake issues as I don't have a tripod with me), each time changing the AF fine tune. I have the camera set to AF-S with center as the focus point. I figured this would be the easiest way to test. Here are the pictures that result:

1st photo: no focus fine tune adjustment

2nd photo: -10 fine tune

3rd photo: -15 fine tune

4th photo: -18 fine tune

I'm at a loss as to what I am doing wrong here. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I'm thinking it's user error vs. the actual camera (this camera is doing the exact same thing as the previous D7000 I received).

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

• Matt

Nikon D50 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow