Color Management Woes

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dimitri_P
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Re: The little girl on the right
In reply to Many Feathers, Jan 23, 2012

Many Feathers wrote:

has a pinkish, fushia-ish shirt on in the print. On the screen it's almost the same > color as her pants.

That was intriguing, so I turned the red off on my monitor and they shirt matches the pants prerry much.

It sounds like the problme isnot with the calibration or the profile but your monitor is not displaying anything red.

Of course if I look at anything with RED in it like the RadioShack.com or Staples.com web sites, it makes them look very strange indeed!

I don't know if you mentioned what kind of monitor you have, but if it's not displaying any red, you must be looking at the world on the screen in a very strange way.

Have you tried resetting the monitor to some kind of default and not using the profile to verify it can actualy dislay red ?

Or you might even trying giving the display connectors a wiggle/twist test (with something red on the screen to see if you have an intermittent cable that is causing all this.

D

Dimitri_P's gear list:Dimitri_P's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-500 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow