ophion
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Re: Shooby Dooby Dolby, Do Waaah!
In reply to Billx08, Jan 23, 2012

Billx08 wrote:

ophion wrote:

. . .

But all jokes aside, the X-S1 does have difficulties on the long end. I quickly zoom and focus between half and full zoom. 10% of the time it couldn't get a focus lock at the long end. I also see lag on the EVF during focus, but I don't have sturdy hands and I was zooming in and out quite fast so I can only give you my subjective opinion with holds no meaning to anyone whatsoever. This was done inside of the store which was pretty well lit.

Should I buy it? I can't decide, maybe I should drop in to the m43 forum and ask if I should sell the GF3 that I pick up on Amazon for $300 during Christmas. I'm sure they're give me an unbiased opinion.

Ha! No doubt they'll give you as fair and unbiased opinions as you've noticed here. All jokes aside, eh?   At that price the GF3 seems like it should be a keeper, unless you're just not comfortable using it, you'd need the money for something else, or you'll end up keeping it unused in a drawer. If you get an XS-1 and just use the GF3 with a small lens, the pair of cameras could be small enough and portable enough (since the XS-1 is rather large just by itself) to give you a fairly small two camera kit, and you could then use each one for its strengths and avoid each when its weaknesses would make it less suitable, particularly considering when you'd be shooting in light that's conducive to producing orbs.

If I can get the panny 20mm 1.7 for cheap for the GF3, then the X-S1 would make a nice combo. If someone can just confirm whether or not the orb issue exist on the X-S1, it would make my life so much easier. Seems like all the people who has the camera either don't understand what the orb is, or can't figure out the conditions at which to test the camera at. Patiently awaits...

ophion's gear list:ophion's gear list
Canon PowerShot G2 Fujifilm FinePix F31fd
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Re:New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow