Started Jan 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blue_cheese
Senior MemberPosts: 1,407
Like?
If Nikon is so great why do I see so many Canon pro shooters
Jan 23, 2012

Please don't flame, and no fanboy responses either. I got into DSLR a year ago and my first decision was to choose a brand/system/whatever you call it as I was zero invested in one. I am a simple guy and the choice was simple Canon or Nikon. I chose Nikon and don't regret it at all, I had my doubts but after recently handling a Canon T3i I am happy to be touching my cheap little D3100.

Now that's fine and dandy for the entry/prosumer bodies encompassed by this forum. But what strikes me is that everytime I see a pro photographer on TV or some magazine shoot, or even most wedding photographers I see in the park there is a tall-tale indicator of the Canon L lenses - red ring on what is in many instances a white barrel. Why does it seem that so much professional work is being done with Canon equipment?

Is there some elephant in the closet I should be aware of before I start moving up the equipment foodchain? Reading up on the D3s and D4, at least on paper they looks to be the better cameras, but the Canon L lenses actually appear to be cheaper for more or less the same level of quality. A number of my co workers are hobby Canon FF shooters, and their work is simply outstanding, but being on a different camera system I am not sure what the advantages of one are over the other or how to compare

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D3100 Nikon D3S Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow