how to fake delete image on D700?

Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daniel Roos
Regular MemberPosts: 243Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting answers
In reply to Ilkka Nissilä, Jan 22, 2012

Agree, that's also the law here in Sweden, but I recon UK has more harsh rules against street photography, since there has been tons of articles and forum posts about photographers in trouble in London after 9/11.

...So I really don't know if that's a general law for the whole EU, or just some european countries in general.

Ilkka Nissilä wrote:

At least in Europe, editorial use is not considered commercial. Neither is fine art. Of course, the photographer can make money via both uses. Commercial use is e.g. the use of the picture of a person in advertising a product (i.e. skin cream) without their permission. Also, aside from commercial use, you may not publish an image of a person without permission if it has a risk of defaming that person. Usually newspaper shooters play it safe and get permission if there are only a few people in the frame.

I think it's all very clear, and from your post it seems that Canadian law is similar in what you can do with people pictures taken in public. I suppose the law (which is different from Europe) that the copyright is with the subject concerns situations where the sitter contracts the photographer.

Ilkka

Daniel Roos's gear list:Daniel Roos's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow