Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phototransformations
Senior MemberPosts: 2,808Gear list
Like?
Hostility on this forum
Jan 22, 2012

At the risk of becoming a target of some sort of scorn or attack, I'm posting this question: Why is there so much hostility in this forum? And this one: What will it take to get it to stop?

I've encountered an occasional hostile person and/or hostile post in several of the other forums I've frequented, but here it seems to be moving toward becoming the norm. It can't be that m4/3 happens to attract a more nasty breed of photographer; why should it? But I am seeing, increasingly, personal attacks and variants of "I'm smarter than you are" and "I know more than you" and "you must be an idiot if you think... or if you do... " and even "I know you're an idiot because you spelled this word wrong."

This type of "critique" never seems to be helpful. My hope is that it will diminish and, finally, stop. I like coming here to learn about this format and to trade ideas, but it's getting to be difficult to deal with the personal attacks I am witnessing.

phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +23 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow