Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor2121
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
Medium Format Lenses on Sony NEX 7
Jan 22, 2012

Thank you to all who have helped answer my prior questions about what lenses will work on the NEX series and what adapters to buy. I have become more and more excited thinking about my older but great lenses that I can get out of thew closet and use once again.

To that end...

Has anyone used a Medium Format lens on a NEX camera. Specifically I have a Mamiya 7ii with the 43mm lens, which is an amazing lens. I would love to use it on my 24MB NEX 7 (if it ever gets here). I have found a few posts that seem to indicate a combination of 2 adapters i.e. mamiya to EOS then EOS to NEX. Has anyone had any luck with this set up?

Also, I have found an adapter for a Mamiya M645 directly to NEX. So I am hopeful that someone will make a Mamiya 7 to NEX adapter if they haven't already. But I'm not sure of the likelihood of that.

Well that's what I know. If anyone else has any information or ideas I'm all ears.

Thanks again for the help.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow