Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
twenty200
Regular MemberPosts: 452Gear list
Like?
Eye Fi and an iPad (or a Mac)?
Jan 22, 2012

I have large high speed cards for my DSLR when I'm doing some serious shooting, but when I'm at home and want to snap a shot or two, I'm wondering if an Eye Fi card would be more convenient than swapping my current cards from camera to Mac / Mac to camera / back and forth.

I'm using an Airport Extreme router for my wireless. I have a Mac and an iPad (and, of course, my Sony a77 DSLR, which is actually an SLT but that's not the point)

I'm hoping for something seamless, where I'd pop the Eye Fi card into my camera, take a shot and have it automatically transferred to the photos app in my iPad or into Aperture on my Mac.

Is that possible with Eye Fi? I've been reading up on it online, but I keep finding post after post about switching settings and selecting photos, etc.

How exactly does it work?
--
This is the world, the way I see it: http://twenty200.com

twenty200's gear list:twenty200's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow