Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thielges
Regular MemberPosts: 434
Like?
Idea to eliminate need to scroll when voting on challenges
Jan 22, 2012

The designers of the challenge software did a great job of allowing voters to quickly load the next photo after voting. With the combination of "auto next" and a keyboard shortcut to vote, a single keystroke both votes and brings up the next photo.

However I've noticed that with my modest sized laptop screen I need to scroll down to see all of the next photo. Scrolling could be eliminated if the page were reorganized so that the image itself was nearer to the top of the page. On my screen the top half of the page is consumed by the top banner ad and then the challenge description and some other headers. I realize that the banner ad probably garners best revenue from its placement at the top of the page though perhaps the other stuff can be moved over to the side and next to the photo to eliminate the need for scrolling.

In doing so the amount of effort to vote goes down dramatically, encouraging more people to participate. I'm thinking of suggesting this to DPR though I don't know if this is just an annoyance for a small number of people with small screens or a larger issue. Would reorganizing the page to eliminate the need to scroll to see each challenge entry help you?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow