Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,421
Like?
Canon equivalent to the Nikon D40
Jan 22, 2012

I still shoot Nikon DSLRs, did own a 450D as my first DSLR but was too newbish to learn how to use it. I've got my gear pared down to two Nikon bodies but I don't have a "put under the front seat of my car" DSLR. I sold my last D40 a few months ago 'cause I wasn't using it. Now I miss it.

However, I really want a Canon DSLR, just to learn the menu system and the ins-and-outs of Canon. I'm not looking to do a Canon vs Nikon comparison.

I'm hoping someone here used to shoot with a Nikon D40 and knows why it's considered a classic. But now shoots Canon and knows of an equivalent. Basically a body plus 18-55 kit lens to shoot jpegs. Not too many knobs and direct access buttons (because it'll be as entry level as the D40 was/is).

I just want to know that whatever "cheap" Canon DSLR I get will have perhaps gotten some wrinkles ironed out from the previous model. is lightweight and competent. I'm sure the choice will be a Rebel something or other. Thanks.

Canon EOS 450D (EOS Rebel XSi / EOS Kiss X2) Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow