Stop telling Fuji that the price is Okay

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jeff Seltzer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,690
Like?
What???!
In reply to ELLIOT P STERN, Jan 22, 2012

You really think Fuji spends millions of dollars to develop and market a new camera system, then trolls the DP forums to set price weeks before shipping??!

I'll answer for you: "NO." Instead, the rely on market research, along with market and business dynamics. As for the market research, I'm not talking about focus groups, but rather sophisticated quantitative techniques like discrete choice (a form of conjoint in which options are varied, along with price) that provide a valid and reliable cost demand curve based on purchase intent. The goal is to find the price that maximizes revenue, i.e., the point in the curve in which the most people will buy at the highest price. Of course, along with a consumer-driven price curve, Fuji most factor in cost and desired profit margin.

You can create as many threads as you want wining about price. But, Fuji isn't listening, and they'd be foolish to do so.

ELLIOT P STERN wrote:

I have noticed as I scan through the Fuji x100 forums everywhere that there seems to be a bidding going on almost like an auction as to how much the prices are on the new X pro 1. 1300.00$, 1599.00$, 1700.00, and other prices for lenses.

Hands are going up all over the place. Fuji is listening and they are hearing the auctioneer saying "AND DO I HEAR 1700.00 DOLLARS, DO I HEAR 1750, going once, twice, three times."

We the forums telling Fuji how much we shall pay.

By now and at time of announcement they already what their cost was and what they could sell it for. Now they are waiting to find out what you are willing to come to the table with.

I have been in the wholesale side of the photo industry most of my life and believe me almost all the camera companies use this ploy to determine price. It is going to be as high as you are willing to tell them you will go.

Fuji/ It's time to REALLY STEP UP AND PUT A FAIR AND FINAL PRICE ON THE TABLE AND LET DEALERS START TO TAKE ORDERS FOR REAL.
--
Elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow