D4 images seem soft?

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
JasonReplica
Regular MemberPosts: 184
Like?
Re: D4 images seem soft?
In reply to NeilJones, Jan 22, 2012

Hi Neil

I'm not going to blast you to pieces here but I think you might have got a more moderated response if you actually told us what images you're looking at.

Bear in mind that the sample JPEGs from Nikon are probably straight out of camera as I know that Nikon do not believe in handing out post-processed files. They just want you to see what the camera can provide and it's up to you how you want to process the images after that - much as it would be in the real world.

In fairness this approach is fine with me as it gives me a chance to play with the images in advance of real-world coming in from my clients. They do show great tonal range and, even from the JPEGs, with correct post process sharpening the detail looks great. I'd love to get hold of the NEFs from the D4 to "have a play with" but doubt that Nikon would release these to anyone. Just for the

As I actually process and print for other photographers this gives me a heads up on what to expect but not an exact version due to the variants of lenses, shooting styles and in camera settings that my clients use.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Jason
Replica Imaging Limited
Derbyshire UK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
....New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow