Tried to, But Couldn't....

Started Jan 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
glutamodo
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Re: Tried to, But Couldn't....
In reply to Sunshine_boy, Jan 22, 2012

I hate to say this, but I'm totally not surprised. Since I've taken a fair share of night photos with my much older S100FS, S9100 and even F30 and E550s over the years, I've looked fairly closely at every night shot sample of the XS-1 that I've stumbled across so far, and seen way too many white (and sometimes other-color) disks for my taste . True, some of the specular highligjhts I get from my S100FS have had a bit of purple fringe to one side, but I much prefer that to some hole-punch disk like I've seen thus far.

I was sort of hoping that, like many computer microprocessors which have been given names, some internal Fuji company "name" for this particular X10/XS1 sensor would have leaked by now, so that we could use it specifically, (instead of say, the "Orbville" or "WhiteDisc" sensor that detractors may someday call it, and I'm really starting to doubt a firmware fix will help much) I do think though, that after this first generation fades away, the next one with a new sensor that fixes this glitch will result in some very good cameras.

The whole ORB controversy is, while getting a bit old, is still a valid point to bring up to casual or new-to-Fuji fans, even though I hate to see this bring the company name down - after all, I chose Fuji many years ago and have stuck to them... and may continue to do so in the future, but I don't think it will be on this generation of sensor. Maybe next year!

glutamodo's gear list:glutamodo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix E550 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Fujifilm X-S1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow