Really unable to pick up a decision between S100 or FZ150: opinions?

Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
TC Crouch
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Re: Really unable to pick up a decision between S100 or FZ150: opinions?
In reply to jojoman, Jan 22, 2012

If you're going to stop short of a DSLR, I would tend to take into account that the best camera is the one that you have with you. As an S95 (one year older than S100) owner, I can say that it is easy to tuck into one of my pants pockets and have with me frequently. And with the added grip on the front the S100 should handle better than the camera I have. But even with the small size, it has enough manual control. After owning it for about a year, I felt comfortable with Av, Tv, and M modes and have stepped up to a Canon T1i without too much of a learning curve. I still use both as there are a lot of situations that I don't want the bulk of the DSLR for. If you go with the FZ150, you may have a hard time making yourself take it with you and it may go unused if you upgrade to something with interchangeable lenses in the future. But as others have pointed out, if your specific use requires the extra zoom, the decision may be more complicated. Good luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow