15-85 canon hard and soft at the same time

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
yokochanie
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: 15-85 canon hard and soft at the same time
In reply to photonius, Jan 21, 2012

Ah I knew I wasn't going mad. LOL....(how could I, I am already there)!

Many thanks for looking at it again and adding those remarks. It's so weird as it's impossible to happen and yet there it is. All four pictures were the same. However the suggestion that the light was coming from the top and this has caused the darkened edges to appear sharp I think is the answer. Unexpouse a soft image and it tends to look sharper, so yes I can see that.

I would love to get inside that lens, Most pictures are good from side to side yut the other day, one that again was a flat plane surface was really out on the left side and sharp on the right. Now if that was misaligned glass then it would effect a lot of pictures at whatever Focal length that is effected, but no, it was just one picture.

I use a 10-22, 70-200 f4, and a 100mm. I seem to be able to use them ok, but this lens I just can't get the hang of. Before it went back to canon it was wonderful close up and not focusing so well in the distance. Now it tends to be soft at very close range and better at a distance. Maybe I need to go to the 17-55, I am seriously thinking of it. I hate to give up on a lens but sometimes it just doesn't gel.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and for all your suggestions and advise.

Best wishes

Malcolm

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow