Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vroberts9
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Recommended settings for basketball?
Jan 21, 2012

Hi, first post here. I have a new v1, with both zooms and the flash. I've really enjoyed it so far, but have not yet tried it inside a poorly lit gym. I'm attending my 10 year-old's first basketball game of the season tonight, and obviously want a few photos. I'm far from an expert photographer, though I do often take my cameras off auto and play around with settings, which is what I plan to do tonight at the game. So, my question is, what settings would you recommend for this situation? Try to use flash with mechanical shutter and s mode at 1/250 and Auto 3200? Or forget flash as it may not have enough reach or cycle speed between shots? Which focus setting is likely to give me more decent shots? I realize I may not get many great shots in the gym, but it is just 10 year old basketball, and they let parents get fairly close to the action, so I'd like to try. I appreciate your help!
Valerie

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow