Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Einmalumdiewelt
Regular MemberPosts: 332Gear list
Like?
Candle light photography
Jan 21, 2012

Last Thursday I have practiced Yoga in a studio with about 20 other people.

During final relaxation, everybody was sitting cross legged facing the instructor.

The instructor was sitting at the end of the large room, in front of the large white wall. In front of her sat a little candle as the only source of light in the entire room.

The candle illuminated her body and spreat a shadow of her cross legged posture 3 meters across the white wall. The effect of the large shadow was enormous because she is a really tiny person.

I sat about 4 meters away in a 45 degree angle. In front of me 2 rows of cross legged postures facing the instructer.

Whether you like Yoga or not, this was an impressive picture and I want to capture this as soon as I can.

As camera, I thought of the Fuji X100 because of it's good high ISO, fast semi wide angle and near silent shutter.

Now my question:

Do you think I can capture this image showing her body and shadow at 1/25, F2 & ISO 3200?

The shutter speed should not cause lens blur since the instructer sits perfectly still and my hands will be calm too.

Einmalumdiewelt's gear list:Einmalumdiewelt's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow