Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Antal I Kozma
Contributing MemberPosts: 873Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD first photos (parts of anyway)
In reply to Rriley, Jan 21, 2012

Rriley wrote:

images courtesy 43rumors

While the series is named “OM-D” the first camera name could be “OM-D5“. I am pretty confident that those will be the specs (expect minor changes only):

• Camera has a classic OM design

• It has a magnesium body

• It is weathers sealed

• weight 373 g (body only).

• 16 megapixel sensor optimized for High Dynamic Range

• 200 up to 25.600 ISO

• Built-in electronic viewfinder 1.44 million dots (positioned in the center of the body liek the old OM optical viewfinders and same resolution as the external VF-2 viewfinder (Click here to see on Amazon).

• 610.000 pixel OLED swivel 3 inch screen.

• Five-axis image stabilizer in body.

• FAST AF and 3D tracking

• Comes in Balck or Silver.

• Price: Around $1.100 in USA or 1.000 Euro in Europe.

text copied from 43rumors

-- hide signature --

Riley

any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

Holy mother of all cows,

If this is not a bad joke then this is the best news I have heard in this millennium.

Way back in my younger years I was a fan of the OM series. I was mostly a mainstream Pentax Spotmatic guy and switched to Nikon F cameras later when, after the LX, Pentax faded away from professional SLR making. However, as a personal camera I had a few OM models, OM-1n, OM-2S, OM-4. I am still with the Nikon brand as of today. However, the love of those OM models is still alive.

I keep reading on this forum and on the very odd occasion post here too. Some good while back I voiced my dream on this forum saying that: "if Olympus ever would introduce a digital SLR resembling the OM series film cameras". Nothing too fancy just a plain well built magnesium body with up to date metering system and a preferably 24x36 sensor of good Oly flavour. And whatever else they would build into this dream machine.

I would in a heartbeat sign up on the pre-order list if this OM-D would prove to be true. Once an OM user always an OM user. Wow, the magic of the OM-1 and OM-4 may return again.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that our prayers will be answered. By the way, 24x36 digital capable Zuiko lenses too please!

Best to all,
AIK

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow