Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Antal I Kozma
Senior MemberPosts: 1,151Gear list
Re: OMD first photos (parts of anyway)
In reply to Rriley, Jan 21, 2012

Rriley wrote:

images courtesy 43rumors

While the series is named “OM-D” the first camera name could be “OM-D5“. I am pretty confident that those will be the specs (expect minor changes only):

• Camera has a classic OM design

• It has a magnesium body

• It is weathers sealed

• weight 373 g (body only).

• 16 megapixel sensor optimized for High Dynamic Range

• 200 up to 25.600 ISO

• Built-in electronic viewfinder 1.44 million dots (positioned in the center of the body liek the old OM optical viewfinders and same resolution as the external VF-2 viewfinder (Click here to see on Amazon).

• 610.000 pixel OLED swivel 3 inch screen.

• Five-axis image stabilizer in body.

• FAST AF and 3D tracking

• Comes in Balck or Silver.

• Price: Around $1.100 in USA or 1.000 Euro in Europe.

text copied from 43rumors

-- hide signature --

any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

Holy mother of all cows,

If this is not a bad joke then this is the best news I have heard in this millennium.

Way back in my younger years I was a fan of the OM series. I was mostly a mainstream Pentax Spotmatic guy and switched to Nikon F cameras later when, after the LX, Pentax faded away from professional SLR making. However, as a personal camera I had a few OM models, OM-1n, OM-2S, OM-4. I am still with the Nikon brand as of today. However, the love of those OM models is still alive.

I keep reading on this forum and on the very odd occasion post here too. Some good while back I voiced my dream on this forum saying that: "if Olympus ever would introduce a digital SLR resembling the OM series film cameras". Nothing too fancy just a plain well built magnesium body with up to date metering system and a preferably 24x36 sensor of good Oly flavour. And whatever else they would build into this dream machine.

I would in a heartbeat sign up on the pre-order list if this OM-D would prove to be true. Once an OM user always an OM user. Wow, the magic of the OM-1 and OM-4 may return again.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that our prayers will be answered. By the way, 24x36 digital capable Zuiko lenses too please!

Best to all,

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow