Started Jan 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrSkelter
Contributing MemberPosts: 637
Like?
Some really great EOS photography
Jan 21, 2012

I'm building a blog for an old friend who happens to be one of the world's foremost photographers. His digital still camera of choice is a DsMkIII and I thought you guys might like an early look.

http://gregwilliamsinsight.com/

Google will tell you a fair bit about Greg's work. It can be seen in ads for Omega watches with Daniel Craig, James Bond movie posters (along with many, many other movies) and in the arts, editorial and advertising.

For anyone who's worried the 1DX might lack pixels you should note he was shooting with a MkII and producing work for billboards and double-page spreads without a problem.

If you read the blog you'll see that Greg views cameras as tools. He'll use whatever works (he started with Leica and Nikon, loves his old Mamiya's and chose Canon when it was the only realistic full-frame digital option). He's not shot film in the best part of a decade but started as a photojournalist and war photographer manually focusing Leica M6's under fire.

We're trying to use the blog as a way of sharing information about his technique, and approach for an audience like the one here. Regardless of your opinions on Greg's style, his success is undeniable.

Contact info is as the base of every post and I can be found here pretty regularly. I'm listening.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow